How Sugar Affects the Body
Our promise at Keto Foods is to make authentic, no added sugar products that will help future generations with the fight against sugar consumption. We want you to be your best self, so you can continue making memories with loved ones. To make the best choices for you and your family, it's important to know how sugar can affect your body. Here are the top ways over-consumption of sugar negatively impact your health:
- Increased risk of heart disease. Sugar raises blood pressure and the build up of plaque in your arteries leading to heart attack, stroke, or heart failure.
- Can lead to fatty liver. Fructose can overload your liver leading to non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. The liver is a vital organ, so if it's not functionally properly, this can be fatal.
- Unwanted weight gain. The United States has an obesity epidemic.
- Depletes energy. A brief spike in blood sugar and insulin levels occurs followed by a sharp drop in blood sugar (sugar crash).
- Accelerate cognitive decline. Research has shown that sugar can lead to impaired memory and a greater risk for Alzheimer’s and Dementia.
- Increase risk of type 2 diabetes. Prolonged high-sugar consumption drives insulin resistance.
- May increase risk of cancer
- May negatively impact your mental health. Increased risk of depression and anxiety.
For more information go to: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/too-much-sugar#TOC_TITLE_HDR_5
- By being informed about the negative side effects of sugar, you can make the best decisions for you and your family
- The over consumption of sugar can lead to many negative health conditions
- The most fatal consequences are heart attack, stroke, fatty liver disease, cancer, and obesity.