Not All Heroes Wear Capes- Happy Father's Day
As young children, we are taught to idolize some of the most notable superheroes: Superman, Spiderman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Ironman... the list never ends!
Super strength sounds quite enticing! Who wouldn't want to fly?! Shooting webs out of your hands to save your true love from villains? Count us in!
Anthony and I always admired the strengths and abilities that superheroes embody, but even at a young age, we never questioned who our true hero was and still is to this day.
Our father did not fight crimes or even wear a cape. He did not go by a fictitious name and hide behind a costume to be a saving grace in times of need. No. He went by the name of Steve Spencer. Every day, he bears the weight of responsibility for his family and leads like the protector he is. Every time we needed a leader, affirmation, direction, or protection, he was our Superman.
Not only did our dad instilled many values in us that directly correlate to our approach to life, they also correlate to how we lead at Keto Foods:
- The Heart of a Servant - Always lead with a heart that is designated on servitude to your family and community.
- Leave People Better Than You Found Them: Any time you encounter another individual, make that moment one that leaves that individual better than the moment you walked into their life.
- You are Capable of Anything you Vision and Set Your Mind To: Opportunity will present itself when you allow yourself the acceptance that your biggest vision is not only possible, but is unconditional. Be willing to die for the vision you set your mind to.
- You are Not the Victim: In the pursuit of something worth living for, failure is your friend. When presented by failure, a victim's mentality will not be tolerated. Instead, the ambition, charisma, and desire to win will uphold your mind to press forward.
As we celebrate Father's Day, my brother and I would like to take a moment to thank the millions of fathers out there that are the true embodiment of a hero. To all the fathers, your sacrifices and leadership are more than appreciated. They are seen. Simply put, thank you for being you.
-Chris Spencer, Founder & CEO
- Our father is our super hero!
- The values instilled at Keto Foods is a direct result of what our father taught us growing up
- Thank you to all the amazing father's out there!