1 min read
Top Tips for Reducing Added Sugar
Completely removing sugar from your diet can be difficult. It seems like it is all around us. To help reduce your sugar intake, we've listed a few tips simple tips and tricks to make it easier for you that take minimal effort.
- Keep the temptation away! Clean out your pantry, refrigerator, and freezer and remove all sugary foods. When cleaning, purge these tempting items:
- Soda, energy, sports drinks
- Grain-based desserts
- Fruit drinks
- Dairy Desserts
- Read nutrition labels carefully. Labels are required to list added sugar, but look out for sugars like high fructose corn syrup, fruit juice, or anything ending in “-ose.”
- Swap out the sugary desserts for a bowl of fruit. Fruit has natural sugar and can help satisfy your sweet tooth cravings.
- Watch out for condiments. Many condiments are high in added sugars, so try and add salsa, mustard, or hot sauce instead.
- Say no to the sugary drinks. Go for a for a sparkling water or add a sugar free flavor to your favorite coffee drink.
- Eat whole foods. These are not processed and will be free from additives. Bonus: they keep you feeling full, so you are less likely to reach for the sugary snack mid-afternoon.
- If you’re having trouble kicking sugar to the curb, then consider a natural sweetener like stevia, erythritol, or monk fruit extract.
- Remember it’s okay to treat yourself once in a while. Don’t feel guilty when you indulge in a tasty treat on special occasions! Especially, if it’s a bowl of Keto Pint ice cream 😊
- Purge unhealthy foods to keep the temptation away
- Read all ingredients. Surprisingly, items that you would not expect to have sugar, may add it to their products
- Natural sweeteners are a good alternative to traditional sugar
- Treat yourself to Keto Pint or Keto Choc